Thursday, February 25, 2010

Me andMadelyn





This is my great friend Madelyn Mendenhall. I met her a couple of years ago at a church "Super Saturday" I thought she was way cute and she had these five kids that she brought with her. She was so patient with them and to top it off she was dressed in cute clothes and she was painting. So of course being me I said all of these things...holy cow you have 5 kids and we are the same age, your pants are too cute to be painting in, wow 5 kids and you bring them with you to "Super Saturday" Anyone who normally knows me knows that I can be a little obnoxious and really don't think things through before I say them. That day was really no different. Needless to say she was not a Joey fan the first time she met me. I on the other hand thought she was great! She just didn't know how to handle me. But over time I think she learned. We were put into scouts together and from there her daughter AIly started to babysit for me durning the day and then we started running in the mornings together. She helped me train for Ragnar (the relay from Logan Ut to Park City, UT) and we ran the Teton Dam 10k together. I didn't know that there was alot to learn about running but Miss Madelyn taught me alot. She quickly became one of my best friends. We (or maybe just me) would pour our hearts out on our runs. Just us and our trusty K-9 companions. She moved away end of September and I have really missed her alot. You wouldn't know by the amount that I talk or email her but I truly do miss her and her family. The weather is wanting to start to warm up and thoughts of training again for upcoming races this summer are constantly on my mind but I just cant get motivated to run. Why you ask??? Because my best running partner is not here to motivate me. Madelyn if you by chance get to read this please know that I miss you terribly and hope you are going great! If anyone else is reading this and wants to try to measure up to My Madelyn and train me for races this summer please let me know.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I will be your running partner! I don't know if I can teach you about running but I can certainly talk and talk and talk....

I just need to move there. : )

camping anyone said...

agreed!!! I would love you to be my running partner. Hurry up and get over here!

Anonymous said...

Joey, Joey, Joey. I love you so much!!! You taught ME much more than you will ever know. I love your spunk, your humor, your personality. You are my friend forever. You are beautiful.