Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Baseball






This was Sawyer's first year playing baseball. He never really wanted to in past years and it was just another thing to do so I didn't push it. Our poor kids, Jaren and I just are not sports people. Sure we love to snowboard, camp and all that kind of stuff but when it comes to organized team sports we just aren't that into it. So we have not pushed our kids. I started them in gymnastics so they could burn some extra energy and I always heard that it helps the brain develop and it helps them learn dedication. Anyway, I guess what I am trying to say is gymnastics is a sport just a bit different from baseball. He loved it!!! He was on a team with kids from school and scouts so I think that helped. They have all played for a few years and he was a newbie. He loves to be on a team. He practiced and practiced. We had to saddle soap up the new mitt and then put it under his bed for a weekend in hopes that it would loosen up. He didn't play as much in the beginning as he did in the end. I really think he improved over the season. If we keep working with him he might get to be good at it. Next year, we are going to take a month off of gymnastics so he can really concentrate on baseball. Here are some pics of one of his first games. I will post more later and I have a few of Keller at knot hole (t-ball and baseball mixed) Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Ummmm, that is so stinking cute!!!! He looks so old. : ( Sad that he is growing up so fast but I am excited for him that he is enjoying new things. What a cutie pie!!!

ropenracen said...

So handsome, I love that smile. What a good boy.