Tuesday, July 27, 2010

4-H Camp

Oh this was Sawyer's first year to 4-H camp. I was a bit nervous about sending. I found out that his friend Brecon was going but to Madison Co. rather than Fremont Co. I also found out that Madison Co. went swimming to Green Canyon on the way home. So yup it was a no brainer, we sent him with Madison. They went the first week in June so here in S. East Idaho it is still early spring. It rained and rained. When we were waiting for the bus it was raining. Good thing he had rain boots. Jaren went and bought him a poncho before they left. Once they got up there it didn't rain on them. It was really hard to watch my baby get on the bus and not even seem a tiny bit upset about having to leave his mother for 3 whole days!!! When I was younger I remember getting sooo homesick for my momma. Apparently I didn't pass that trait on to my children. We decided to drive up to Alpine Wyo. to camp to see Sawyer and surprise him. They were just coming down from a hike so he were just sitting on the side of the trail.....Sawyer walks past us and says "oh hi" and kept right on walking. I know he was happy to see us but we were kind of interrupting "his" time. He really really really had fun. Even now about 2 months later he will say. I sure hope I can go to 4-H camp again next year. Such a good boy!

No comments: