Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Teton Dam 10K











So back in June I ran the Teton Dam 10K. That means it is a 6.2 mile run. I had been training with my great friend Cathy Birch. Erin was going to run with me but was unable to. Then Cathy said she would run and was as well unable right at the last minute. Now I love to visit and that is one of the reasons I run. I love to talk while I am running and Cathy is a great partner for that very reason (among others ofcourse) So I was kind of bummbed when I didnt have anyone to run with. So I was nervous the whole night and got up in the morning and went to the race. I had friends there but lost them before the race even started. (should I have taken that as a clue?) Anywho, I had a great run!!! I was so excited! I ran it in 54:00 minutes. Thats 15 mins. less than last year! I was so happy. When I came around the corner to the finish line, there were my boys. Dylan had been busy picking Dandy Lions for his momma, Keller was busy just a wavinging away to me, and ol Soy he ran the last little bit with me. It was the cutest thing. They just make my day. I sure love those boys! Then after I ran through the finish line there was my mom and dad and Rosie of course waiting for me. I felt really special. I was so suprised that I had such a great support team. So I have to brag with my pictures. Thanks to my great family. I sure do love ya!

4 comments:

HEATHER and JON said...

Good Job! When was this race? You are such an addict. I don't know how you do it!

Kate and Cole said...

My first thought while looking at these pics was mow the freaking lawn city of rexburg!!! Geez! 15 minutes eh? That is something to be proud of! Nice job Joey!

ropenracen said...

So proud of you...

ropenracen said...

So proud of you...