Thursday, March 24, 2011

PineWood Derby!! 2011


















So last night was Sawyer's first pinewood derby. Sad that he is 10 and just had his first one. Our ward is kind of slackers about this. Anyway, Jaren and Sawyer have been working on this car for at least 2 weeks. Jaren went and got his old car from his pinewood derby and they used it for inspiration. They sanded and painted and polished that little puppy right up! It looked marvelous! Sawyer and his dad were both so proud. Sawyer had been asked to lead the flag ceremony as well. This was also a first for him. Oh the benefits of being a Weebelos Scout. So he led the flag ceremony and then the race began. There were 12 or 13 little boys and Soy kicked some booty! Oh to watch the little boys and their dads was just kind of funny. I do have to say that my kids dad is the best by far! We are lucky to have you Jaren. Keller of course thought that the world was against him last night because he didnt have a car and it is hard to get through to him that he will have his turn next year. Dylan just chased all the cute little and bigger girls around. I hope this isnt a sign of how things will really be in the future. Sawyer also received his Bear badge, some additional arrows and like 3 belt loop things. He has been a very busy scouter. Funny kid he loves his scouting. And right now he has some great leaders. I put a few pics of the score board and great pictures of all of us (yes Mom you too! Thanks for coming by the way) as Nascar Drivers. The other pics are of Sawyer receiving his trophy, medal, and badges. When you get an award the scouters mom gets a pin and they pin in on their mom. Always fun. It was a really fun night. I think we all had a good time. Even mom but when does she not love a little competition. Am I right ladies?!?! Thanks for looking! We are proud of you Sawyer! (And Dad)

2 comments:

ropenracen said...

It was fun...and I did plan on winning when I went to the church. Soy didn't let me down. Fun night...we all look so darn fute as Nascar drivers.

HEATHER and JON said...

I love the nascar pictures. That is awesome! I think Keller's looks the most real. You forgot to mention how Keller broke Jaren's car from when he was little. That is a sad story.
I think it is great that Sawyer won the derby. Great job boys!