Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Camping in Kilgore






Jaren took the boys out to Kilgore camping the 2nd week in June. The day they left Sawyer and I had day scout camp and we came home to the camper ready to go. The plan was for Dylan to stay home with me and I would go out during the day and home at nights. My baby would have nothing to do with me until he was in his car seat safe in the pick-up attached to the camper. Then it was "Bye Mom" So I had the whole evening to myself. I didn't know what to do. They stayed out there for 3 days. They went 4wheeling, fishing and watched movies (yup we rough it!) It was so cold that they really couldn't do to much. I drove up during the day and on one day it was Jaren's b-day so we went on a big drive around the mountains and saw moose, antelope, and a baby badger. We came back through Island Park and ate at Jaren's favorite restaurant "The Pines" and he had a huge Porter House steak! Happy Birthday to him! I actually shared with him and it was quite tasty. Anyway, then we came back to the camper and had cake and ice cream. I just want to draw attention to Kellers coat. It is actually Dylans coat if you notice that it is at least 6 in. to short on the arms. but when you are camping do you really care as long as you are warm. Speaking of warm the one of the boys behind the 4wheeler is them trying to warm their hands on the exhaust. I thought it was cute. We were also able to change our blog photo. Jaren was able to use the timer and get this family shot so I hope you like it!

2 comments:

Kate and Cole said...

Cute! I love keller's sweatpants when he's standing by the creek.hahaaa

Julie Hall said...

I LOVE the picture of your cute little family together! I didn't realize it had been so long since I looked at your blog - looks like you've had a fun summer!