Thursday, April 15, 2010

Poor Presley



My poor old kitty has had a bit of trouble lately. Around Sawyer and Dylan's birthdays he just was not acting like himself. He wouldn't eat. He would disappear all day and night. He stayed on the main floor and not come upstairs to sleep on our bed at nights. I was really sad because I thought that maybe his time was coming. I tried to change his food to soft food and that worked for a day or two then back to same old thing. Then one Friday afternoon he came up to me and his face was all swollen on one side. I called the vet and they let me bring him in. He had an absest tooth. They had to cut a hole in his cheek, pull a bunch of teeth and shave the right side of his face to do all that. They kept him over night. The next day when we went and got him....what a different guy! it was our old Presley. He now however has no teeth a big hole is his face and no whiskers but he is happy. We have found some soft food that he eats like there is no tomorrow. A few weeks after the first vet trip his mouth was swollen again. I took him back to the vet where they again had to shave his face, cut a big hole in his cheek to drain the puss. He now had an infection that was up in his bone. So its a good thing he loves his food because I easily hide his pills in his food and he gobbles it right up. These pics just don't do his face justice. Poor old Kitty.

3 comments:

HEATHER and JON said...

I think my cat Loki is going through something similar. I know he needs at least one tooth pulled, but he has been acting like he is on his death bed. I haven't seen any swelling, but he has been acting like it is hard to walk. He needs to go back to the vet too. He has been a little better the last couple of days!

ropenracen said...

You are a good mom to take him to the vet and get it fixed. People that take care of their pets will go to heaven.

camping anyone said...

Thanks mamma I learned from the best! Heather as mom and Jaren told me that teeth problems are connected to heart problems and cause death....so take him in sooner rather than later. Just a thought.