Saturday, August 13, 2011

8 day camping trip


























Last week Jaren was invited to go camping out at the Yankee Fork with Layne Hacking and his family. Well I guess we were all invited to go but I had other plans. They packed up on Thursday around 2:30 and were gone by 4:30. They went out by Challis (that is where Yankee fork is I guess) They packed 4 wheelers, bikes, movies and lots of food. They were able to explore all sorts of mines, dredges, old rail beds, creeks and hot springs. They even went to Red Fish Lake. One of my favorite spots. Sawyer, Keller and Dylan love to explore just like their dad does. I think that Keller is particuarly partial to minning but really just because it he knows that the railroad was here because of mining. So you guessed it he loves mining. Sawyer loves to hang with his friends and drive the 4 wheeler and ol Dylan just loves to boss everyone around and ride the 4 wheeler. They said that it froze on them almost every night and its only August!!! It rained on them quite a bit and they had to hid out in abandoned cabins or ranger stations but all in all they had a great time. They even ran into snow. Jaren had left his water shoes in the back of the pick up and they started to leave. When Dylan saw the shoes starting to move he said "Dad there is a ghost in our pick up" To which Jaren said "oh is there?!?!" and Dylan said "Ya and he is wearing your shoes!!!" I just think that is so funny probubly because I can see him saying it. I sure missed my kiddos and their daddy. Eight days is way to long to be gone from momma. I didnt get to aweful lonely until the last 2 days though. (dont tell them that) So glad they are home and life can get back to normal. I will be posting more pics shortly. Thanks for looking! (my spell check is not working and I was too lazy to go back and double check my spelling sooooo sorry)

No comments: