Sunday, May 17, 2009

Keller vs. lemon bars




So the other day I made treats for scouts. The theme for last month was dinosaurs so we made volcano's out of salt clay. I was so impressed with myself for making the clay the night before and getting up the next morning and making treats. Around 1 hr. before scouts I had everything loaded in the trunk and we were ready to go. (a first for me) The boys (Keller and Dylan) love to go out to the garage and sit on the 4wheelers and pretend that they are riding them. So I left Keller to play on the 4wheelers while I did a few last min. things. I notice at one point the the back door is open and my sweet little Keller is climbing in and out of the trunk. I asked him what he was doing and he simply replied "just playing in the trunk" I then said please be careful I have lemon bars back there. Then the most guilty look came over his face....So I said "did you eat the lemon bars?" and he said "ya but they weren't very good" "Be careful with them please because they are for the scouts" I said. Then if I thought the first look was guilty it didn't come close to the next look that I got. "What did you do to the lemon bars, Keller?!?!" "Well don't worry mom, they will be okay" I was laughing so hard when I saw them that I couldn't get mad. (that came after I stoped laughing) He had made mush out of my bars. So I was frantically trying to find something to replace the bars last minute and was of course late to scouts but the boys sure did enjoy there string cheese and fruit snacks! You are one in a million Keller! We sure do love you!

3 comments:

Mrs. Olsen said...

Hey girl. Great to hear from you on the ole blog. It looks like life with 3 boys is always an adventure for you. I would love to see you if/when I come to Rexburg. The trips are getting fewer and farther between, but I'll let you know.

Kate and Cole said...

hahahaha! I love this story. I love my keller. Such a cute kid. write this one down in your journal

ropenracen said...

Don't worry Mom, don't worry. I love it. He is so darn cute.