Sunday, August 8, 2010

4th of July










Outside of Mormonville they celebrate the 4th on Sunday's. We headed up to Virginia City, MT with the Jorgensen's. First thing that beautiful Sunday morning, Jaren and Tim got up to go flying. I got up early to shower so there would be enough hot water for everyone. The airplane came and buzzed the house around 9:00 and still not Jorgensen's stirred. After I was completely ready I thought I would make German pancakes for everyone. I went downstairs to the storage room and walked into a good inch of standing water in the storage room. I was a little confused and thought that maybe one of the freezers broke. Then poor Kiri comes around the corner and said that we were having some plumbing issues. The sump pump quit working. So we had 3 showers worth of water standing on the basement floor. Aaaahhhh, Ive never had anything like this happen. So we were frantically trying to mop up all that water. I called Jaren and told him to hurry home we were having issues. The guys figured out what was going on. They ripped out the carpet (which is still up in case you are wondering) and went and borrowed fans from mom and dad. It was crazy. Ofcourse Kiri thought it was there fault which it soooo wasnt. We were happy that it had happened when someone was home and could fix the problem. Well it was now 11:00 and our poor guests still had not had any breakfast and I don't know about them but I was starving!!! So after a quick bowl of cereal (the breakfast of champions and what all good hosts should feed their guests) we headed to Virginia City. We shopped the little town all day (something that my boys were forced to do since there were more girls than just me) we rode the little train ride they had. On our way Keller started saying that he wasn't feeling good. Poor kid. By the time we got there he had a pretty good fever. Luckily we found some medicine for him and he bounced back. The train ride was fun, the shopping was fun, and the fireworks were great. All in all we had a pretty fun day, weekend for that matter.

2 comments:

camping anyone said...

Nice I put the same pics on twice!!! That wasnt part of the plan. That car picture, I just thought it was really a cute car and it reminded me of Dad.

ropenracen said...

Cute family cute car slso. Glad you had a good time. later