Sunday, August 29, 2010

Missoula Half Marathon

















Okay so these were taken a almost 2 months ago. I ran the Missoula half Marathon. It was voted as the best marathon to run by runners world mag. This was the 5th year (I think) that Missoula has held it. They had over triple the runners this year than last year. There was at least 1 person from every state there. Jimmy Falen paid for someone from Nebraska so that every state would be represented. And a guy from Montana won it and he has won it every year. There were over 6000 runners and I came in 1115 place. I didn't think that was too bad. It was a really fun race. You couldn't ask for a more beautiful course. The only thing it lacked was a great running partner. So Erin if you are reading this you are going with me for sure next year. It really was fun. I was soooo nervous the night before the race. We camped along the side of the road just up the hill from the starting line. I some how set my alarm clock wrong but luckily it didn't matter because I really didn't sleep much the whole night. AAhhh not really what you want happening just before a big race. The last run that I had had before we left didn't go well so I really was nervous and since our whole summer trip was arranged around this race I couldn't really woose out of it. I'm glad I didn't. I have never been in a race with that many people. When the shot went off to start the race it was a good 5-6 minutes after that that I crossed the starting line (your time doesn't start until you cross the line so that was good) I thought for sure that Jaren would not be able to find me during the race so I really didnt watch for him. I though I would just see him and the boys at the end. Around mile 7ish I started to feel a little tired and just then I heard these cute little voices yelling "Go Mom" It made my day. Talk about a boost that was really needed. They were able to find me like 4-5 times through the race. It was the best. Then when I finally crossed the finish line they were all there again. It couldn't have been any better. I love MIssoula. I could live there for sure. Sorry for all the pics but I really posted them for myself to remind me of how fun it was. The random pic of the car was a car that was at the finish line. And as you can tell the guy didn't throw anything away. He was against global warming and everything that went along with it. It was kind of gross but I guess everyone has to have a passion. Anywho, I thought the pics of me and my boys were pretty cute. I love the one of Dylan kissing my medal. What a fun and very tiring day that was. Cant wait until next year!

3 comments:

ropenracen said...

Joey, I am so proud of you and for doing so well. I could never do what you did. The pics of the boys with you are so special. Love you.

thorkgal said...

Hurray!!! You go girl!

Erin said...

GOod job Joe!!!! I promise I will be there next year with you. Rog and Echo might do it too!!!