Saturday, March 13, 2010

Keller and Ernie






Okay they are not in the same pictures but I am putting them together on the same post. We have had a "Potter" break this week because Keller got his "Potter" stuff taken away along with his DS. So this week has been quite (about Potter stuff anyway) Last Saturday we had to go to I.F. to pick Presley up at the vet (I will tell that story later) I asked my mom to go with me and we could do a little shopping while we were down there. I don't know why I punish not just myself but my boys and this time grandma as well. My kids hate hate HATE to shop. Sawyer puts up with it and as always tries to be a good boy. Dylan is easily distracted so he is kind of good. But poor poor Keller, that kid love him, just cant help himself. I cant even remember what he did to get into trouble but he just couldn't take his punishment like a big boy. He thinks that he can negotiate out of a punishment. If he were smart about it he would zip it and be good. Not Keller. He started off with his "Harry Potter" stuff taken away for one day. After 5 min. it was mine for a week along with his DS. Wow, really Keller. Grandma finally said Keller I have an idea, Just sit and be good. He did kind of listen didn't get anymore days taken away until later in the week. That same day we went to Roberts. Any boys favorite store right? Well grandma said if they were good we would go to Baskin Robbins for ice cream. Oh they did good. While we were there grams had Keller in a cart and he said, "grandma do you know what I like about this store?" Where grandma said, "No what Keller?" And Keller's response was....."Absolutely Nothing!!!" This week has been a hard one for poor Keller. He has learned how much trouble you get into when you lie to your mother. After no dinner for 2 nights this week and going to bed early did he learn? Nope not yet. Boy is he stubborn. Jaren went to Salmon this week and took the camper. We have a very large cooler. The boys were climbing in and out of the cooler which is a really bad idea. I explained to them what could happen if someone got trapped in the cooler and we didn't know about it. So I thought I told a pretty scary story and I look up and Keller is getting into the cooler again! When I scolded him he said it was an accident (everything is an accident with Keller) and he fell in. I told him that story was a lie and to go to bed without dinner. So he did and in the morning promised not to lie again. A day later the boys asked for some gum. I took the gum into the house and then we all forgot about it (or so I thought). A few hours later just before bed time Dylan comes up to me with gum in his mouth. I asked him where he got it and he told me Keller gave it to him. I called Keller down and asked him if he had had some gum. He told me "NO" I told him to open his mouth so I could smell his breath. A nice peppermint smell came out of his mouth. I said "Keller did you lie to me?" Where he said no and then yes...it was an accident. Wouldn't you know it. Another accident! So he got to go to bed without dinner once again. I went up to his room to find the rest of the package (at least 5-6 pieces gone and the wrapper in the garbage. The next day I was telling him how sad it makes me and Heavenly Father when you lie and he really needs to work on not lying. He said that when he was going to say yes (to whether he had had a piece of gum) no budged. That tricky no. What a kid. Its a good thing I love him sometimes. Oh he is such an individual. I have not been blessed with patience but with Keller as a child I am going to need to find some and quick! Well back to the pictures. Keller fell asleep with his glasses on. Thought they were cute. And then to the laziest cat on earth. He has Woody (from Toy Story) hat on. He just sat there for quite a while with the hat on. It really would have taken way too much energy to take it off. Good ol Ernie and Keller. We love you!

2 comments:

thorkgal said...

Wow, have fun with that one mom.

ropenracen said...

So fun though...he keeps us laughing anyway. Ernie is a lazy crackup.